Having a flat stomach is every girl’s dream. Isn’t it? But getting a flat stomach is a tough job. With all our tasty delicacies that we put into our stomach and no proper exercise a flat stomach remains a distant dream. Did u know that the most essential trick to a flat tummy is abs workout? Yes it definitely is and in this article we throw light upon basic abs exercises and on how to get the best results out of it.
1. Basic Pros And Cons About Abs Workout
Abs workout is definitely the most effective method to get a flat tummy but it is not the only factor that comprises to reduce your belly fat and love handles. Your eating regime is a primary factor when it comes to belly fat. To get the best out of your abs workout try to maintain a balanced diet and especially pay attention on what you eat before and after your workout. A pre and post workout meal that we suggest is a Banana or potato sandwich before workout and egg whites or sprouts after work out.
2. Best Of Abs Exercises
There are a list of abs exercises that help in reducing belly fat as well as toning your waist. The most common ones being –
- Forward Crunches – For this exercise you have to lie down on a mat with your legs folded up till your hips and your knees upwards. Place your hands at the back of your head and pull yourself forward to touch your head to your knees. Repeat this at least 20 times at a stretch. You should repeat this exercise at least three times with 20 times each.
- Body Plank – This exercise is a bit more tough than the general body crunches. For this exercise you are suppose to balance your body on your forearm and your feet toes. You need to hold this position for at least 60 to 80 counts and realize the position gently lying on your stomach. This is a very effective exercise for toning but needs to be performed very carefully as any wrong position can lead to back pain.
- Side Plank – This exercise is similar to the body plank and very effective for losing love handles and toning your waist line. Begin by laying towards your right side and balancing your body on your right forearm and toes. Hold the position for 60 to 80 counts and repeat the same with your left side too.
3. Precautions During Abs Workout
Abs exercises are very effective and can be a great boon added to your workout regime but you need to be very careful while performing these exercises –
- People with back problems should avoid abs workout as this would make the back problem worse.
- Women during their menstrual cycle should avoid abs workout.
- If you have just started with abs workout you are bound to get upper body pain so take it easy by resting sufficiently.
- Don’t stress your body more than it can. For instance, if instead of 20 crunches you can just 15 stick to that.